PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOP of descent, and descent monitoring. (A320)
Old 7th Jun 2012, 11:56
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Cool, thanks for that. Really.

and . . point taken. (I thought I had . ., obviously not . .back to school, back to basics!)

Many thanks Microburst.

N.

================================
6 hours later: Ok, this is the situation . . .
The figures as above BUT - Start from ToD as per usual in managed, obviously go to spd from machno when appropriate. At the intermediate approach and subject to (because of) ATC then use Selected if necessary and depending largely on HWC or TWC or no wind, then . . use the firgures for 12 miles , 8, miles and 6 miles as above, "I did it myyyy way . " (joke) - Managed is good. Selected is more dans les mans (my French is c--p unlike my flying).
And . . on a slightly lighter note and with full consideration of those very responsible noise abatement people . . .would it not be better for eagle to be slightly high and sail it in, rather than bang on and drag it in . . hmmm? Also - and I mean this lovingly(within reason)) where is the premium on not being high and fast-ish? What is wrong with a bit of speebrake and early flaps / gear to slow - or were we already communicating . . .? . . hmmm?
I mean, on profile City is where I would like to be, but if have been reading some of the greats (like your good selves, most honourable gentle persons) and they are giving me speds like above, then it all must be happiness?

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 7th Jun 2012 at 16:02.