PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and Age (2012)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2012, 10:08
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valid points I agree!

Only thing that we know, unfortunately - the "older" ones that have been dumb enough to embark on this journey, would probably not a have a problem to accept RYR conditions either, only difference might be that they would most likely be in a stronger financial position to work out when they had to muich!

If 8000 people applied for the job, it would depend if recruitment was part of the business model or if it was just to employ people working for my company.

The difference would be that if I wanted good workers, and and not making money on recruitment, I would want long term people, however it seems clearly that for example with RYR their business model is based on on come and go, as you do reach command early with these LCC companies, so it would become saturated if you did not have a steady flow peoples leaving.

I personally see RYR's cadet program, as an exceptional way for new pilots to get into the industry, of course us who get knocked backed are going to get disappointed.
I think if it was for the right reasons, it would not be such a bitter people for some to swallow.

I understand I am on the wrong side of the loop, but I know people in their mid 30's, several thousand hours, and not even getting an interview. Not really much to do with this, just let it go on as it will.

If there ever will be a pilot shortage, of course things can change. I heard from my AME who was well connected, that they have so many candidates now, they can pick and choose what they want!