PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and Age (2012)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2012, 16:52
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's funny, that every time this topic comes up, you have some that are defending Ryanair like it is their own granny!!!

With quite strong words such, "who do you think you are, that have a god given right to get an interview with Ryanair!"

This happens every time and makes me laugh!

There are currently loads of "over-qualified instructors", with great experience between 30 - 45, some of these with several thousand hours on SEP, and probably few hundred hours or more on MEP.
These do NOT get a chance with the Ryanair, why?
These are not even novice cadets, with regards to their experience level!

I am pretty sure, it does not suit the Ryanair business model to have "older pilots", because they have their own "budget" of income trough the training program!

If MOL saves on giving pilots a bottle of water, which probably would have cost him 10p, imagine the "savings"/ "income" of training new pilots. It does suit RYR that pilots come and go, and don't stay to long, to make sure their training department is profitable!

I am sure there are stats around about the average time of staying with the company, I would guess probably around 2 - 4 / 5 years maximum.
Ryanair this way got a cheap pilot for this period, and are ready to wait for the next one to pay their dues in the next round.

33.300 Euros total package for TR - that's £27000 for a TR that if you would go and purchase this on the "free market" would cost you around £20.000 incl. base training.
Add to the fact, that companies like Boeing, normally with EVERY AIRCRAFT SOLD, include a package deal of paid TR, not sure for Boeing, but heard with Airbus, they normally give you 4 TR as a part of the package!

Who knows what deal Ryanair has, but I am pretty sure there is a golden hand-shake there somewhere between RYR and CAE!