PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2012, 15:26
tigger2k8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL are you for real?

First off you didn't 'bail' us out. The UK government offered Ireland a bilateral loan, which it must pay back, and initially the UK government was also looking for interest as well.

Secondly, it's a bit rich for someone from the North to be talking about bailing the South out when yous are effectively bailed out on an annual basis by the British taxpayer who are forced to prop up the basket case of an economy that is Northern Ireland because you're incapable of balancing your books, despite being more subsidised than Africa.

So spare us the "after we bailed them out" crap, you didn't bail anyone out.
First of all, it was meant as a bit of a joke.. perhaps the way i worded it after being up all day didn't help, but i guess its a touchy subject or most dont see it that way, thought we were by those days on this forum.. if i offended then i apologise... was not my intention. Our own government in the mainland is more damaging to our little piece of aviation industry through tax than the DAA is.. but that has been discussed to death

Its hard to know what EI will do, i like to have my flights and car parking booked well in advance to LHR, while my flights are booked through to December, i still have car parking to sort out.. but with so many rumors about EI going or split operations im holding off.. would be strange to completely close a well performing base

Last edited by tigger2k8; 6th Jun 2012 at 15:27.