PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GOM PHI Crash May 2012
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2012, 15:24
Mars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gwelo shamwari,

You are the first person I have known who can quote AC 150/5930; however, you have referred to version 2A - which has been superseded by 2B and then yesterday, 2C.

As I rarely, if ever, refer to the AC, I'm not even sure what the text in 2B or 2C mean:

First 2B:
(3) Elevated PPR Heliports. At PPR rooftop or otherwise elevated facilities the TLOF can be a minimum of two times the maximum dimension (length or width) of the undercarriage of the design helicopter, if a solid surrounding area the size of the rotor diameter of the design helicopter is able to support 20 lbs/ft2 live load (98 kg/m2), and the height of the TLOF surface above the surrounding area is no greater than 30 inches (76cm). The center of this load bearing portion of the TLOF should be the center of the FATO/TLOF. If there is a difference in elevation between the surrounding area and the TLOF, the perimeter of the TLOF should be marked in accordance with paragraph 209a.
Superseded by 2C:
(2) Elevated PPR heliports. At PPR rooftop or elevated facilities where the height of the TLOF surface above the adjacent ground or structure is no greater than 30 inches (76 cm), and there is a solid adjacent ground or structure equal to the rotor diameter (RD) able to support 20 lbs/sq ft (98 kg/sq m) live load, design the minimum dimension of the TLOF to be at least the smaller of the RD and two times the maximum dimension (length or width) of the undercarriage of the design helicopter. Locate the center of the LBA of the TLOF in the center of the FATO.
If the AC applies to the GOM (which I somewhat doubt), what effect will that have on deck sizes?

Mars