PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining SEP Rating (CPL MEIR holder)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2012, 14:45
FlyingStone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100 k€ and you can't even fly a SEP solo? Sounds like a big waste of money to me... I doubt there are many owners/flight school that will allow MEP solo rent to a pilot who has completed integrated training course - so basically, NO solo flying. Really good investment I must say.

mad_jock it's very funny and sad at the same time reading this. Have you seen those guys (modular or integrated who were trained to fly IFR in SEP/MEP as it is done in airliners) fly IFR? Gear down with flaps 25° on Arrow overhead the VOR for a 3 min outbound baseturn - "you have to fly it constant speed, otherwise we're not stabilised" and crap like that. Or going around when reaching MDA 2 NM before MAPt, just because it's dangerous to do "dive and drive" - on a 737 perhaps, but on Seneca? Or stuff like you have to read landing checklist (8+ item for simplicity of course) on final (VFR traffic patterns included) when flying complex aircraft so that you don't forget gear down. I don't know why just simple gear - prop - mixture - flaps works for me - I must be too stupid, since I'm looking outside on final and not reading mandatory checklist. They of course do retract landing gear in SEP/MEP as soon as they have positive rate of climb - regardless of those 2km of runway ahead of them. By the way, did you know you have to use standard 2-minute turns in traffic pattern, since steep turns are prohibited below 3000ft AGL?

etc. etc. etc.