PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2012, 13:33
malirm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updates

Hi Guys,

The day after my post, I visited Alpha...I was happy to meet some of the PPRuNers & wished them all the best in their training...so, I went into almost all Depts & checked & got alots of new stuff, here's some of what I got:

1. Selection Process:

It is & from now on, going to change...ABY will be involved from day ONE, it is now done in 3 days, with much more focus on the Scores/Grades, CGI/HOT/ABY HR & Flight Crew will be involved.

Selection process include now Group exercises, more personality & motivational aspects, more professional Interviews (Panel)...etc. I heard that a third Party (another Company) will conduct a part of the selection process.

The Selection process will be done twice a month...instead of a walk-in basis or one/one or whenever you are free kinda thing...I heard that the chances would become 10 to 15 out of an average of 35 applicants...

Hope that this will save some people's Pocket(s)

2. Shifting to a New Premises/Building:

As the flight line is not anymore that important (shifted to Australia), thus being at the airport is not that effective, I heard/confirmed that Alpha will be Shifting somewhere better (New building or so), with a much more better organised Facilities & distribution...maybe by the end of the year or next summer !

3. New FNPT/Sim

They are planning to buy a new Sim, maybe MFTD or Level D or FNPT II, but a new sim will be there...checking the costs I guess !!!

4. Sim booking & Session planning

I have confirmed that AAG have booked the MFTD/A320 Level D sim sessions until Mid 2013, with both ABY & CAE Dubai...to make sure there is no bottle-necking anymore.

5. New Hires

There are more instructors getting hired for the Ground/FNPT II/A320 Training to boost the training (no delays because of Man-power).

-----------------------------------------------------------
I still have more news to Confirm, but I have to go for the Nairobi flight guys

But here is what I know, Thanks to You PPRuNers, you have made Alpha (Sharjah) Change somehow...but still, more to be done...please let me know if I am trying to lie here

Oh BTW, Aakhan, how's line training? See you around soon