PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 6th Jun 2012, 12:50
Elephant flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chirpy, sorry to hear your story. I know any job when you need it is a blessing, but I think you've had a lucky escape. I endorse Iver's comments. Ryanair of the Middle East is apt.
A company that bonds type rated pilots for $24000 and then also blocks them from moving for a minimum of three years within the Middle East is outrageous. Everyone who signs knows about the bond and accepts it, but for a company to hold pilots prisoner because they are so scared that professional pilots will seek to work for a professionally run company simply "stinks" (for the want of using a printable expression).
No rise in transport allowance and no rise in housing allowance since the abolishment of A scale, when living costs are going skywards in Dubai shows the complete and total lack of understanding and appreciation of the workforce by this management, who show a complete total incompetence in communication with the workforce.
I wish you well with your career Chirpy and hope you find an employer worthy of your experience. Don't even think about looking over your shoulder with a glance back at Flydubai - the management at least are not worthy.