PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2012, 12:32
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bail em out n thats how they thank us in return.

I dont think any one of us in Northern Ireland can afford to talk about London bailing out the Republic of Ireland, after all we are at the mercy of London governement for their continued support and investment of our economy and the level of public sector jobs. We probably wont have to pay that back, but the Republic will have to at some point. UK have a vested interest in the Republics well being financially, so in one sense it is an investment....

Not having a go at the original poster, as it is somebody who always contributes well to the debate on here....!

As I also said earlier, I am not convinced there will be much value for Dublin Airport in such a marketing campaign. Afterall, they will naturally get some of NI business as NI simply dont have the destinations on offer. I.e. whether they market NI or not they will still get the business?

NI pay the Irish Tourist board in the region of £4m per annum to market NI as a destination in conjunction with idea of the whole Island of Ireland, DAA being government owned maybe Arlene Foster could exert some influence??
Maybe not?

EI-BUD