PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India scams and inefficiency - hilarious!
Old 6th Jun 2012, 10:49
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drive

I think you need to check your information about FDI and publicly traded companies only. FDI IN Civil Aviation Sector should help you understand it is sector agnostic and has nothing to do with public or private.

Note: FDI upto 49% was allowed in civil aviation public or private in the form of FII but direct participation of foreign airlines was and continues to be banned. I also am unable to find any information to show Indigo or parent company have FDI in them. However the 49% is applicable to all airlines and even Jet has 49% Foreign money in them directly or in directly so in a nut shell again a level playing field for all.

I agree on the poor infrastructure, however as is witnessed at Delhi the situation is now far better than when it was under the government. However this has come at a cost which one should be willing to bear. I am sure once Mumbai and other cities open up it will also improve. Note I am speaking only of that infrastructure that has been privatized. Also note that government only penalizes an airline for issues such as cancellations without informing and for combining flights or keeping passengers on board without facilities. I have not heard of an airline being penalized for having a bad on time performance.

Yes they are asking for feeder aircraft to better connect cities and do note smaller aircraft have lower or no landing fees and different fuel pricing structure. Also trust me when I say in 5 more years these feeder aircraft will carry in full pads of people from small villages as they become more affluent and need to connect internationally. I feel a great business opportunity is vein wasted away by many an airline here and not capitalizing on it fully.

Have you been to any government office in India? they are piss holes and fire hazards. This is the pure apathy towards other peoples money the users of these offices have and the mentality to release tenders to get work done as cheap as possible with no standards and quality. I am a strong proponent of governments not to be in business of making money but running countries. However much like Delhi and Bangalore airport, once private industry comes in and ups the quotient then the prices go up and the complaining on prices start. Chicken and egg story but no pain no gain.

An Indian will remember the Rs 1 fare of air deccan but will forget how the aircraft smelled, you had to fight for a seat, half the time a flight would be cancelled if the load factor was not there and all the other stupid quirks that actually made it a pissall experience to fly. 10 years later this is still quoted as a miracle man who made the common man fly. I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

Last edited by Wannabe Flyer; 6th Jun 2012 at 11:01.