PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yarrawonga, Doesn't Want Visitors
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2012, 06:15
kaz3g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have also just had a conversation with the Council officer responsible for managing this certified aerodrome.

The Council had less blunt statements on previous signs but found people were still doing the wrong thing and causing difficulties with their certification. Their legal advisor gave them the current wording which they now admit is also open to incorrect interpretation.

Their representative confirms absolutely that the intention is to protect the infrastructure, aircraft and visitors. There is no intention to prevent lawful access and egress by pilots, passengers and other persons going about their business at the airport.

They are considering my suggestion that they (1) add a clause at the end of the current proscription excepting pilots, pax etc; and (2) place signs with an arrow as appropriate pointing to the various UNLOCKED pedestrian gates around the perimeter.

Moira Council has spent a lot of money upgrading the airport and has actively encouraged aviation activities at YYWG when many others are closing them down (Geelong) or talking about it (YKTN). Pilots should be supporting them and their tenants, not talking about forcing entry or staying away.

At least that's how I see it.

Kaz