PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Survey Discussion
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2012, 03:35
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
So they would be extremely happy to see the results of their research duplicated and it proved to everyone you are nothing but a fool to waste your money in such a way..

Perhaps commission TW to do an industry wide survey on employees behalf - make it official?

----

A high-level analysis of the results and your comments suggests that you are disengaged with organisation-led aspects such as leadership and strategy but more engaged with the ‘individual’ aspects of your work such as training, reward and working with your colleagues.
Overwhelmingly, you have told us that you are dissatisfied with the strategic direction of the company and I recognise your disappointment in the breakdown of respect between senior management and Flight Crew. It is clear that rebuilding the relationship between the organisation and our pilots is of the highest importance.
Perhaps they are finally realising that despite all of us being massively overpaid (to the tune of $500,000+pa) we are actually happy flying aeroplanes (which we can all do very competently) and building work relationships on our own terms and not just because we are working for 'Qantas'. In other words (and reading between the lines) I think they actually got a shock getting the results and knowing that we can fly (or fix) jets for anyone in the world and not just the the worlds most incompetent airline operators.

I suspect a large number of crew may have ticked the 'planning to leave' box... What I am surprised about, is that the sentence above does seem to convey some level of concern. I would have guessed they simply wouldn't have cared - less to sack if we leave voluntarily, which is what I deep down think is 'the plan'.

For what its worth (and speaking purely on my own behalf) my 'respect' for senior management over the last 10-15 years has reduced to the level of boiling festering hatred. Knowing I had to get my point across to complete cretins of the highest order, I took great care to explain in words of two syllables exactly what I did think of their airline running abilities and in general terms why. Normal people (IQ's higher than shoe sizes) would know when they screw up monumentally - these 'people' are not of such high intelligence

Last edited by V-Jet; 6th Jun 2012 at 04:49.