PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - casa and the FOI [Freedom of Information] process
Old 5th Jun 2012, 22:00
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JS – "and the Information Commissioner baulks at taking them on!".
Steady on, fair go for the IC, the usual tactics are always 'legal'.

Chump – "Can I have the paperwork, please ?".

(Aside : the Chump is always flattered about now that a High Ranking Legal Officer has taken a personal interest in the request and may be forgiven for assuming that all is well).

HRLO – "Yes sport, of course you can, just give me a moment or two to locate it, here fill out this form".

Chump – "Righty O, thanks".

HRLO – "Look mate, it's going to take a while, I'll let you know when it's ready".
(This goes on for while then at the point where patience and politeness is almost exhausted by requests for extensions, the letter finally arrives).

HRLO – "Well, all good to go now – please pay 23 gazzillion dollars and you can take it away".

Chump – "What - that's daylight robbery – I'll complain".
(Sounds of typing and general disgust).

IC – "You have no complaint, they followed due process, obtained your permission to extend the time line; and, they have freely offered you the paperwork, their administrative fees are kosher - what's your point ?. "Flick Off Idiot".

That folks is just part of the fun of the Goon Show and Yes, it's nearly all bollocks.

Last edited by Kharon; 5th Jun 2012 at 22:05.