PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2012, 20:47
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PJ2
From a pilot's p.o.v I think the theory that the reduction in indicated altitude as an initiating source for the immediate pull on the stick by the PF is reasonable in and of itself, however it does not account for the destabilization of the flight path and rapid loss of control that follows. As for the theory of two pilots slavishly following their flight directors to the exclusion of all the raw data being presented, we may posit what we wish but it is not possible to draw any conclusions either way.
No conclusion at this time, but considering both AD + one OEB + the data, one must consider in priority what were indicating the FD when displayed. At this time I see far too little in the 3 IR on that subject … Also, I am still very much concerned we still have to be presented the vertical mode trace ?

Regarding the initial maneuver, it is not only the reduction in indicated altitude, but also a negative VS + an unusual low pitch for a cruising FL.

Blindly following the FD is not a thing to do, but I am afraid signs here could let us think that’s possibly what happened.