PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlantic Airlines Upgrades !!
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2012, 16:14
Atlantic_Conveyor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure the Electra boys don't want to get near the ATP and I'm pretty sure that management don't want them on it. Do you think they have any chance of retaining their current salaries? No I'm sure that another points based redundancy scheme has been worked out already.

Any news on the latest pay cut then? How have they dressed it up this time? Markets tough? It's really a pay rise because there are great deals on 42" plasma TV's and you can go one way to Lagos for just two hundred quid with Dana Air? If you don't like it leave? Or have they even bothered to tell you? In my time, they used all those excuses and more.

Yes, the management care only about themselves. Lets's face it, one of them got his hands on the wonga to but AA, by marrying into money which gives you an idea of how ruthless he is.

Problem is that when contracts are renewed with major customers, selling your pay and conditions down the line is the first thing that AA management will do. There will be some kind of business lunch and the customer, (probably making billions) will demand cost reductions and insist that 99.879878776 on time performance is just not good enough. First thing AA management do is roll over, offer them a discount based on not giving you a pay rise. Next thing is a letter stating another pay cut this year (in management speak) and you need to pull your fingers out and start improving that OTP. But hey, it's you getting the pay cut and flying tech aircraft around because they don't want to invest in parts and engineers. Managements doing just fine!

Last edited by Atlantic_Conveyor; 5th Jun 2012 at 16:20.