PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay pacific SECOND OFFICER – ADVANCED ENTRY INITIAL INTERVIEW
Old 5th Jun 2012, 14:41
ashokbhatt11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello all and sorry for not being around for long .
I am not able to access my account ashokbhatt1 so have opened new one ashokbhatt11.

I will start with the conclusion gave my interview this thrusday after all those delay and frustration final result dint make it to flight grading.
So can give details about what happened on day 1 have no ideas what happened on day 2.

Had my interview on 21st and 22nd of may initially but at airport was told as this is an ID ticket you will be allowed to board if flight is not full my luck was bad CX684 WAS OVER BOOKED BY 13PAX and was not allowed to board tried my best to convince them how big this oppourtunity was for me but it was not in their hand.( I said a day before interview that they are not providing preferred choice of meal on board on I D ticket but when I was told i cant board i was ready to go in cargo compartment).And their flight to hongkong from bangkok which was 5 hrs later was also overbooked dint took much details abt tht because by that time i was frustrated and wanted to go back home.

Contacted hong kong office mr sunny singh told him about everything he said will give me fresh dates i dint knew when i will get a chance but the same week i got a mail for interviews on 31st -1st this time finally boarded .

Facilities provided by Cathay at hong kong was of great standards ,hotel was great ,interviews arrangment was great everything was of top industry standard .Process was clean.6 ppl gave only one guy from australia made it he had some 1300 turbo prop hours.I taught it went better than stage 1 but this time standards were very high and i dint met them.I was informed by one of other candidate that none of the guys who had close to 250hrs made it .Cant trust his words tho its not official.

Interview process was same as smurf84 mentioned.Only in technical part i was asked why they use 3 ins/irs system and some technical questions about a350 which i had no idea rest all were cpl standard questions.

Flight planning was easy tuff part was the way he made tables on board makes you confused for few seconds but that guy is very helpful very great guy.you cant go wrong here very easy exercise.

rest all same as smurf84 said

I was overall happy with the arrangements just that i dint got to board initially
makes me feel bad.would definately reapply .

Hr lady said I will be given 4 months after i pass flight grading to take my total to 250hrs and hours done at fta wont be counted in that (for those who dont have 250hrs).