PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do modular students get airline jobs?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2012, 14:24
Anunaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....Ok, back to topic, it is heartbreaking to get to the end of a course where you had to strategically plan, chase everything, study hard and "spend" hard, sacrificing many things for a broken dream,just to realise it in the end that the modular route is dead in the water, at least in the British market.
I'm sorry,just an opinion, but if I have to advise someone as to what route to take it is definitely the integrated tied to an airline programme.
I have a feeling that by 2013 there will be no entry available to any modular cadets in the British carriers,the only one left behind being Ryanair.
Do modular students get airline jobs? am I mistaken if I say rarely(excluding Ryan)? instructing?with FTO's going bust(Cabair and recently BCFT) I doubt there are many jobs around as FI...cargo jobs are mostly for experienced(didn't know of any hiring low houred)aerial survey,none, bush flying..I have made few contacts and was told they prefer locals now, South America want south americans,Asia...P2F A.K.A modern slavery(debt-bondage)..so keep up the fight,but Imo, it is worth to wait a little longer,work so you can have the extra cash as to afford the OAA/CTC integrated airlines schemes ,save yourself from the heartache