PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loadsheet via ACARS
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:36
flyby797

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loadsheet via ACARS

I have a question regarding load sheet via ACARS.

According to FAA, the hazard associated with receiving incorrect information for transmissions of Digital-Automatic Information Service (D-ATIS), Weight and Balance, or Takeoff information digitally over the ACARS has been classified as major. However, ACARS itself was certified to a level corresponding only to minor hazard classification, i.e., data of a non-essential level.

Here is below my Boeing AFMs and FCOMs statements (B737NG):
“The follow is applicable when using the ACARS Airline Operation Control (AOC) Datalink:
Weight and Balance:
The flight crew shall verify that the Weight and Balance numeric and alphabetic values are identical. If the Weight and Balance numeric and alphabetic values are different, the flight crew must not accept the Weight and Balance data.”

The requirement to compare the numerical and alphabetical values for D-ATIS Altimeter Settings, Weight and Balance, and Takeoff Data was chosen by the FAA as one method to lessen the hazard associated with transmitting these types of information digitally over the ACARS.

Therefore, i would like to know what practices exists in the field regarding Loadsheet ACARS data linked transmission:

If possible, I would appreciate to get de identified ACARS loadsheet copies.