PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Africa World Airlines
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2012, 09:55
flyafricaworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard newly qualified recruits at AWA are paid about 2000 GHC per month (less than 1500USD). True or false?
Untrue.

If you would like to PM me any details about the source of this false information, I would be happy to go ahead and correct them. We pay per a sliding scale based upon rank and experience (eg. 8000 hr captains make more than 200 hr FOs), but the lowest range starts above that level. Considering the current demand for pilots in Ghana, I doubt anybody would have signed on to begin with at those levels.

May I ask, what currency are pilots paid in? US Dollars or GH Cedis... and are there any benefits I may not be aware of i.e. Car/medical/housing allowance?
Salaries are paid in Ghana Cedis, which is the requirement by law for employers of Ghanaian residents. The salary is however pegged to USD with a periodic review. A few other benefits are also provided (eg. medical, etc..).

Have the 2nd batch of local pilots already been sent to China?
No, we are still on hold with the second batch until the aircraft delivery dates are fixed. Obviously there has been some "turnover" of candidates in the interim, so we are still happy to accept applications from interested parties.