PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2012, 07:50
BAladdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any word on the DME flights BAladdy?
BD will continue to operate there DME service until the end of S12 schedule. Last I heard the two BD slot pairs are to be leased to Transaero from the start of W12.

BAladdy, from the dates you've mentioned, 27th June for BHD, will the onboard service also change to reflect BA's, ie complimentary catering, ability to accrue BA miles, baggage policy etc??
Yes you will be able to accrue Avios Points from the 27th June. From the same date Online check-in for flights that have changed to a BA flight number will have to be done through ba.com.

At present the majority of the 1st wave of routes that have been changed to BA flight numbers are mostly being still being operated by BD aircraft and crew and have for now retained the onboard BD product. Over the next couple months the exterior and interior design of bmi’s aircraft, as well as the onboard experience will gradually transform into British Airways’ style.

There is a way to check whether your flight will be operated by a BA aircraft, crew and service or BD aircraft, crew and service. All you do is :

1. Go to BA's website and click the information tab at the top of the home page

2. Then click arrivals and departures and enter your flight number.

3. Once the info has loaded just look at the left hand side of the screen there you will see a General information box. This is were you will see whether your flight is to be operated by BD or BA.

You can check your flight up yo 14 days before departure. However it is worth baring in mind that this info could change at the last minute due to operational reasons.

I have booked to travel BHD-LHR in September to connect onward, and entered my Virgin frequent flyer number on booking. I presume BA will give me the chance to now change this to obtain BA miles??
According to the FAQ's on the BA website

"Bookings on non-Star Alliance partners (Virgin, Qatar, TransAero and Jet Airways) will continue to earn destinations miles."

Further information on changes to cabin baggage allowances, check in times etc as well as some FAQ's can be found here:

bmi (BD) flights changing to British Airways (BA) flights - British Airways

Hope this info is of some help