PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental TSIO-360 power rating
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2012, 06:06
aditya104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The action of compressing the air rapidly increases its temperature, and reduces some of the increase in density which results from the increased pressure, this loss of density may be partially recovered either by passing the air through a Inter-Cooler or by spraying the fuel into the eye of the impeller so that vaporization will reduce its temperature. Will need the manual for the engine or the turbocharger for more details.

Lumps, you are right though, that FlyingStone didn't take into account the temperature action of the impeller.

Thanks BB, so some versions produce same rated power at SL or at critical altitude with same RPM and MP. As far as I can tell only one version has a waste gate.

Back into the dark for me.
In the PDF posted by BB, some versions produce the same rated power at SL and at critical altitude with same RPM and MP. In fact they are also fitted with wastegate.

I will soon be flying the Seneca III which has a TSIO 360KB. The Seneca III has a limitation that Take off Power and 2800RPM can only be used for take-off and for 5 mins max, this power setting will produce 220BHP. But it is not available above critical altitude(14,500') unless you conduct a take-off above that altitude. For all other operations, maximum continuous power at 2600RPM will produce 200BHP, which that PDF doesn't mention.

The Contenental Engine Operators Manual is the reference you need, not the POH.
You are correct, but I need the POH(Seneca III) to read some other stuff.