PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices CEO resigns
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2012, 03:18
Ex FSO GRIFFO

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts
Hi Mr K, et Al,

At most circuses, the ringmaster (Alb) controls the show, the clowns (Managerial staff) provide the distractions, while the professionals - trapeze artists - (ATCers) climb up their towers (and into their Centres) and launch themselves into their death defying acts....much to the amazement of all watchers and other participants.....

It seems that we, the OZ Public, have more clowns than we have professionals (not) protecting our collective arses when ever we take to the skies.....

The 'savings' in the provision of airservices, with the so-called 'modernisation', was always touted to the industry when it was introduced, that the 'savings' would be split equally between the 'stakeholders' - i.e. the industry, Airservices Aust, and the Guvmint.

So, the industry is supposed to get a reduction over time in the charges levied by ASA, - which they simply pass on the the travelling taxpayer anyway, - the ATC organisation is supposed to 'share ' in the bounty, in the form of wage rises and improved conditions over time, - and the Guvmint simply collects the remainder as a TAX!

'Guvmint Business Enterprise' - G.B.E. was established, I think by the Howard Govt - I may be wrong here, but it was a 'fair while back'....

It is apparent that the income providers - ATCers - are NOT getting their fair share due to its being 'creamed off' at the top..??

Cheers

Last edited by Ex FSO GRIFFO; 5th Jun 2012 at 03:24.