PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Terminate Pilot Accused But Not Convicted Of A Crime
Old 5th Jun 2012, 02:21
Iron Skillet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cathay Pacific Terminates Pilot Accused But Not Convicted Of A Crime

Story, name, upgraded charges were in the paper.

For those who like to pursue (and eventually upset) the ladies at work, think twice. It seems that all it takes here is a serious (and easily fabricated) accusation to get you fired - before a jury reaches a conclusion based on the evidence in a proper trial. This probably applies to accusations made by any lady anywhere, too.

Perhaps in this case there is more to the story, unrelated to the relevant accusation and charges?

For any a**hole who chooses to physically or sexually assault anyone, anywhere, anytime, I think that tens or hundreds of thousands of US$ spent on lawyers' fees, airline tickets and hotels for a trial, plus fines, court costs, a ruined career, a disgraced future, a criminal record eliminating job and travel options, and the extra bonus of a few years suffering a humiliating, dangerous and depressing stay in jail sounds appropriate to me - as long as the accusation is true and the conviction is fair. I'm not sure an offender's wife and kids would be too happy with or forgiving about their new lifestyle, either.

Last edited by Iron Skillet; 5th Jun 2012 at 05:10.