PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you enjoy instructing?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2012, 01:13
mrmum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Halfbaked,
You have raised a point, however, that is possibly my biggest worry regarding this journey... I will be responsible for the attitude of future PPLs, and I know that these people will be watching me when I fly as a form of role model. How did you handle this pressure when you were new to the job? I don't think this is something that 30 hours of flying can teach you!
Yes you will, you need to be considerate of always being watched, but you shouldn't worry about it too much. Just be aware that students will pick up on what you do, even when you think you're not specifically teaching something, so try to always operate the aircraft in the manner you wish them to. You can't play the "do as I say, not as I do" card very often.
Unfortunately, I can't really remember too much from my early days of instructing, it's been a while so I'm not sure what, if anything I did specifically different because I was new to it.

Having looked back through all the replies to your original question, I think all the respondents except RTN 11, seem to instruct on a PT basis. So perhaps that's the key to a long and enjoyable career as an FI?