PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oh No 1time
Thread: Oh No 1time
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2012, 21:13
fly1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I apologize if that came across as condescending. I also wonder if the DFO would agree with what you have written above. Not being able to pay salaries has nothing to do with the company being sold. Disbanding the company is a very viable option. I have a very good understanding of balance sheets, and you are quiet correct, it is not an option( for a south African based company) to buy jetworx. Having been involved with aircraft engineering, I am extremely aware of how much it costs to set up an amo the size of jetworx.....there are many MANY international companies interested in getting involved in the industry in Africa. It would be much cheaper for one of these companies to acquire jetworx as a going concern with it's debt than try and set up an amo taking into account all the red tape that will be involved. As for statement regarding third party work, that is not true at all. There is a huge amount of third party work available. Jetworx hasn't been able to acquire a lot of third party work as there concerntration has been on 1time, and their capacity for handling more than the demands of 1 time is not great. Argument aside, I'm sure we will all know the fate of 1 time in the near future.