PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help needed (Aptitude Test)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2012, 18:42
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You got to understand the concept of the RMI, that and the compass are the 2 main ones here.

First do you know what does green arrows are for?

RMI instrument is simple, specially this one, the blue airplane is giving you your current heading/direction - similar to your compass heading.

Now orientate yourself with that blue plane in the centre of the RMI, into same heading as the compass needle.

Use your first example, compass pointing North, straight up, blue airplane pointing same way straight up, this one they show the same, the others you need to change the orientation of the RMI with the compass. Get it ?

Now look at the red needle, that points straight towards the station, on example 1, you can see the red needle pointing at the cross in the centre/the station, around 2 o'clock from your current heading.

if you look at the second example, orientate the RMI instrument aligned with the compass, towards NW, look now what direction the RED RMI needle is pointing? Behind to your right! Big cross is behind to your right!

To be honest, never seen this test before, and first glance I did not have a clue either. But find out what that green arrow is, I think it might be telling you what way you are turning, so it tells you what kind of bank you might be expecting, that is the "logic" I have created myself, however does not fit 100% with the last example.

But that could be only way you could know what the AH is showing, because if not, there is nothing in that image to tell you anything about the AH!

If you still struggle, try to get some software, Rant XL or Never get lost, and get some basic training on the RMI and how it works.