PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OK no pilot. Then what??
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2012, 18:14
Tacitus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If i could do a modular course where i am now i would do it, no doubt about it.
But unfortunately where i am now there is not a single flight school so in order to undertake flight training my only option would be to quit. My main concern in order to do this is if a pilot career is a viable otion for people like me, or us as i see many people are in the same boat like me. I understand that flying is more of a passion and believe me i have this passion and i would be very misserable for all my life if i didnt try at least. But at the end will i be able to have an income from flying?I didnt say salary, but an income just to cover my expences at least. So my bottom line is that i see flight training as an investment in order to do something i want but at the same time i want afterwards to be able to pay a rent and afford a crappy old car. Is this doable??I wish i was younger but when i was young i was really broke and i hate debt.I want to be optistic but i see only doom and gloom.
PS as for having a back up career i think that in order to do this you have to spend aditional money and money is a luxury these days

Last edited by Tacitus; 4th Jun 2012 at 18:20.