PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 4th Jun 2012, 01:40
fencehopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burning coal to feed the carbon tax.

Why don't we have more renewable energy in this country?
We seem insistant on just digging up more coal and shoving it into the power stations.
Wind farms solar generation just don't seem to get a chance here. Build more but not in my backyard they cry.
i stumbled across a British newspaper called 'The Guardian Weekly' 1/6/12 edition. We have a similar publication here called the 'Epoc Times', they seem to publish articles that the rags owned by Murdoch and his mates don't even consider.
Digest these figures from Germay.
German Solar Plants produced a record 22gigawatts of electricity- equal to 20 nuclear power stations at full capacity- through the midday hours of last Friday and Saturday. Now add the power generated by their wind farms.
Also add this, Germany's Govt decided to abandon nuclear power after the Fukushima disaster, closing 8 plants immeadiately and shutting the remaining 9 by 2022. They will be replaced by renewable energy sources.
Would we really need a carbon tax if we got off our butts and and really used all that sunshine we have here?
If only I were 'da king'

Last edited by fencehopper; 4th Jun 2012 at 01:41.