PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 19:42
Wildboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sycamore- Hi, Thanks for you post.
Funny and interesting. Really good to hear from you. The names of Dougie Ponsford and in particular Jack Trigg ring a bell(is Jack in the earlier pic too?). I know Jack was mentioned a lot By my him. I know Dad was 'Dapper' He always wore a shirt and tie and i know he thought there was no reason to let your standards down even in the sweltering jungle.

I do have a good collection of his RAF bits and peices including Aircrew Categorisation cards, rating cards( can only find the white and green, but know he got master green in '64,'65,'66,'67) Badges, books etc. Also his Caterpillar club and Martin baker club cards and tie. RAF_LEUCHARS(16th November 1954)
I have his GSM and Borneo medal (Ive applied for a posthumous issue of the PJM a few months ago, but not heard anything back yet)

I dont know if you know what badge or medal he's wearing in this shot (he's also wearing it in the Persil-pilot pic). I've always wondered.

Thanks again, & thanks to Sav and PPRuNe for letting me hog a lot of space in pages 77-79 to be a proud son. I'm almost at the end of my picture record.(maybe a few more Jet ranger shots for good measure).
Just need to find the thread to post Dads Meteor and Hunter pics next

Last edited by Wildboy; 21st Nov 2016 at 20:34.