PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 17:27
Flyinheavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Text of final report leaked in Brazil

"A disposição de informações no painel e o design da cabine da aeronave foram fatores que contribuíram para dificultar que a tripulação identificasse a ação errada do copiloto menos experiente "
"The display of informations at the panel and the design of the aircraft's cockpit were factors that contributed in hindering the crew to identify the wrong actions of the less experienced copilot"

If this is really written in the final report, then one could read between the lines, that those who criticized the SS layout sound more credible now, even in the eyes of BEA.
Just how I see it.

@PJ2

I definitely share your view on applying the UAS procedure at high altitudes. Just wanted to show the abnormal procedure used at time of the accident and that Mr. Bouillard obviousely referred to it.

IMHO let alone the lacking airmanship and CRM, I find it very strange that after some 30 incidents with those pitots there had been no real reaction in creating procedures a bit more refined and training of high altitude loss of airspeed.
As to lacking airmanship, in computerized planes, with training reduced to the absolute minimum (because the plane will take care of the limits, dosn't it?..) how could young pilots gain this airmanship when they touch the SS only a couple of minutes every month and flew only a minimum on classic aircraft before taking the right frontseat of a bus?