PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information Needed on PPL to comercial pilot road.
Old 23rd Dec 2002, 08:01
Kefuddle_UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whirly,
f I were doing research (and I do it for a living; not boasting, honest!), I'd post on this forum, among a load of other things. Why not - leave no stone unturned. Come to think of it, why not do it first; you'd get to talk to some real people.
Fair enough. I think the content of such a post would be a little more pointed but I think I am now nit-picking!

Sky,
On the other hand,( heads up Beethoven) it was good to read a post in respectable English, with no grammatical errors.
You may think that this is trivial, but it really worries me that the guy flying over my head with an aircraft full of military nastiness, or the guy up front, taking me and 400 other trusting people across the Atlantic in an aircraft full of computers and dials and check lists and rules and regulations, cannot write in his own language after practising it every day for at least twenty years.
No flames However, it isn't possible to judge somebody by their smelling. For instance very many very talented computer poorgramers are notoriously bad spellers; don't think of the stereotypical teenage hacker. It probably has more to do with the way such a person thinks. Those with an artistic bent also tend to be superb writers and journalists.

However, If your point is that a good commercial pilot is an extremely adept generalist then I cannot argue.

Last edited by Kefuddle_UK; 23rd Dec 2002 at 12:35.