PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Herc Crew in low flying shocker!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 09:42
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that perhaps many posters here are completely missing the point, and that avitor has the facts right (despite not being there and having no idea of the height of the aircraft, or whether any other cars did in fact swerve, or whether the taxi driver has a heart problem, or whether the daughter is in fact 39 weeks pregnant).

The article claims that the Herc narrowly missed the car, and that it was flying at less than 100 feet (oh, is that AGL or AMSL.....Perhaps avitor can tell us.......maybe it was AMSL and was flying underground...that would be scary), so perhaps it was only flying at 7 feet above the road level, as 99 feet would leave it 94 feet above the cars roof. I would not call a distance of two artic lorries and trailers a near miss.

Anyhow, I cant stop to chat now, as I drive past the approach end of Bristol airport's runway daily (as do lots of other drivers, plus drivers near other city airports) and am off to pick up a car load of pregnant ladies!

Luckily for the taxi driver, his daughter and avitor there will be several sources of evidence that will show the height of this aircraft, and I'm sure avitor will be back to tell us the exact height once this has been investigated!