PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oh No 1time
Thread: Oh No 1time
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 07:17
fly1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They expanded to lanseria because that has always been their plan. Remember the 1 time office has been in that terminal at lanseria for 3 years, from what I understand is it was legalities that prevented them from operating out of there years ago, as a certain other low cost carrier was trying to hold the monopoly.....mango's loads are no better than 1 times out of lanseria(have flown with them a couple of times....)Fact of the matter is consolidating is the only way forward, they have to concentrate on their high yield routes, which is exactly what they are doing, their is no money for expansion at this stage. The new management have got things right, acsa's on time departure stats prove this(2nd most on time airline for the past 4 months) whether or not it *is to late I am not sure, only time will tell ......it will be a very sad day for aviation in SA if 1 time does not work out, one step closer to the national carrier having full control of the market, the day that happens, I'll buy myself a fancy car and drive......good luck 1 time!