PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 20:05
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Catholics are taught about hair splitting as children - and I assume Alan Joyce grew up in Iorland in that tradition.

I learned it in a one week live in course on neurolinguistics - it's termed "framing".

In Alan Joyce world, it is perfectly all right to organise printing, couriers, manager travel and all the other minutiae assocaited with the grounding provided one says to said managers: "I want you to this and this and this and be ready on such and such a date at 5.00am to do that and that and that, in case I tell you on that date that I am grounding the airline."

I can now truthfully say I have not made the decision, and no lie detector or forensic lawyer can prove otherwise.

Of course the truth is that I made a decision to make a decision weeks ago, but you need to understand neurolinguistics or theology to rumble the little prick.

With management and a Board that cannot be trusted by its staff, suppliers or its customers, Qantas is ultimately doomed. I don't think we have very long to wait, judging by what happened to the American sharemarket and gold price on Friday night.

Last edited by Sunfish; 2nd Jun 2012 at 20:08.