PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots as temporary workers for Airlines in Canada
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 18:25
lilflyboy262...2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of these guys love not working in the winter time. It gives them time to work on other things in their life. Or at least thats what they told me.
It is far removed from being on EI that's for sure!

My original question. As far as I am aware, if you are flying on say, a ZS, VH, ZK (insert other nations regos here), then you must hold that applicable states licence.

If they are bringing in aircraft from other countries, then you must hold that applicable licence to fly that aircraft.
Are you saying that they should be bringing in those aircraft, registering them in Canada, so canadian pilots can fly them, then shipping them back to europe and reregistering them there?
Think about how many months the aircraft would be grounded for each year for this to take place. How on earth would that make economic sense?

Also, what are your views on Canadian companies flying in places like Norway doing survey work, on canadian registered aircraft, with canadian pilots, when there is suitable norwegian pilots and aircraft in the area?
There is no reciprocal agreement here and I believe norwegian pilots are getting the short end of the stick there.
(This is only one example)