PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 15:22
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi PJ2...

Yours, above. recovering from the pitch-up would, and should be straightforward for a trained A330 pilot so yes, it is difficult to understand the continued pitch attitude especially after the stall warning.

IF PF had an insecure seat (due unbelted), would he at least at some point let go the stick, to get a visual if not a feel for the neutral point? I cannot remember if this has been discussed?

As to BEA intent ( "no effort was made to acquire 5 degrees..." ). It may be anticipatory, but a short analysis. No statement can be made re: a finding of fact w/o a foundation, even in a Presser, in my experience. IOW, they have not mentioned the A/C procedures, so they have supplied a dangling finding. It may be inadvertent, but if so, I doubt we will see a repetition. It is a guess, and an honest one; the possibility exists that BEA are throwing the airline a Bon, here. They have helped Airbus with the memo, and perhaps a slight push in the direction of isolating the crew for examination ( without prejudice ) such that there is a bit of pressure off AF, if only a little.

Who rights the OM? The Airline? Or the Airframer?