PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Helicopters IBU. RIP
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 14:45
nellynewbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hm, let's see - Libya, finished; Ghana, finished
But there is a possibility that Bristows will be going back to Libya as BP have very recently started up their exploration again.
As to the other contracts finishing. I agree that this is the case, but that is why I specifically referred to the logistical problems with setting up and running contracts should IBU ever get any new ones.

A visa is initially applied for in a person's country of residence and renewed in the country where they are working
Tourism visas maybe, but for most, if not all employment visas, the application needs to be put in by the company that the person is employed by.

Bristow seems to have little problem organising more than 300 staff employed by BIAGL in Nigeria.
Maybe because those 300 people are all working in one country.
I wonder how the admin staff in Lagos would cope if they had to deal with visa applications for many different countries and for people employed and resident in many locations and who never actually went anywhere near Nigeria.

I may well be totally wrong and the staff at Houston may well do an extremely good job with regards getting and running new contracts and orgainising travel and visas.
If they do, I will be the first to come back on here and admit that my worries were misplaced.

Last edited by nellynewbie; 2nd Jun 2012 at 14:46.