PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK CAA IR 7 year fiasco
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 10:40
Fart Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I understand our present situation LASORS is still valid until CAP804 comes into force on 1st July. Therefore we are going to submit a legal claim based on an illegal implementation of the rule change, regardless of whether the CAA said it was incorrect in the first place.

There is no point pursuing the stupidity of the situation at the moment, regardless of how wrong it is, not until EASA regs are in force and we can enlist the support of all European pilots.

I am in the process of creating a simple to use online petition, and a college and is writing a letter to Andrew Haines (Chief Executive of the CAA) to hopefully arrange a meeting in London to discuss the whole situation. As you all know trying to correspond from abroad is a laborious process....

Regarding it being a desire for us to cough up more cash, I'm not so sure, I don't think there's that much money in it for them, plus I don't think they really know what's going on, if in doubt, quote the rules and hope this all goes away...

We need to emphasise that we are not trying to change the rules, merely, that we want a window of opportunity to renew our IR's and then carry on as per the regs.

FM.

Last edited by Fart Master; 2nd Jun 2012 at 10:44.