PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots as temporary workers for Airlines in Canada
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 03:34
lilflyboy262...2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a point that you made Montrealguy, that I would like to discuss with you.

Are you saying that they should not be wet leasing aircraft for sunwing?

It is law, as far as I know, all around the world that you need to hold the correct licence to operate an aircraft that is registered in any foreign state.
If these unemployed Canadian pilots had JAA licence's, then I could understand you being upset with them not being employed on wet leased aircraft. But how else are they going to crew them?
Those aircraft have to go back to Europe. Who is going to fly them when the Canadian pilots go back to their other seasonal jobs?

There are Canadian operators that are working all around the world in foreign states, operating on Canadian registered aircraft. Could you not argue that those companies are taking jobs from local pilots. And with no chance of reciprocity.
I'm not just talking about middle of Africa. I have seen Canadian companies working in Norway.

Also, before you harp on about the standards of flying in Canada, I know for a fact after now obtaining my 5th licence, that the Canadian standards of test are not as high or as difficult as other countries. Should those countries be worried about Canadian pilots flying aircraft in their country?
(And no, I am not saying Canadians are poor pilots, at all. I very much enjoy working with them.)

Also, did mentioned foreign crew aircraft crash?