PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW BA PILOT SCALE
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2012, 20:16
Full Left Rudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Precisely my point Hand Solo.

B&B - I agree that there are shared common problems facing both airlines. But I strongly disagree that BA has all of easyJet's problems plus others. easyJet also has problems that BA do not face, such as having to deal with different contracts, unions and labour laws with all it's bases across Europe, and the lack of influence the board has over an unpredictable Stelios despite his great influence over the share price and public opinion of the company (to name a just a few examples).

Consequently, it is impossible to compare probabilities and uncertainties between the two companies at all. To do do would be folly. Which brings us back to the beginning - all one can say is the future is uncertain at both companies. If BA offers what you want right now more than easyJet does, then that is all you can base your decision to change companies on.

Ts and Cs are under attack everywhere. Not just the majors. Project Merlin makes it abundantly clear that easyJet pilots have a big target on their backs too. Arguably even more so than those at BA.