PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Command authority
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2012, 19:57
sevenstrokeroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
actually it is my airplane...(using slang).

IF the company didn't want me to take it, they would not release it from the gate.

IF the company told me to fly the plane 20,000 lbs over gross weight I will say no.

so...who's plane is it?

and I've seen instructor pilots screw up really badly, so there are cases where a captain can delay the after landing checklist by his command.

I remember one Instructor pilot...who wasn't acting as instructor, just acting as captain to get his flight pay and landings in. We got our clearance at the gate, at least 20 minutes before pushback.

So, he taxis out and takes (i;m not kidding you) 5 minutes in the runup area (jet) checking his charts. both engines running...tower calling: are you ready?

instructors at airlines are frequently good old boys, golf buddies and the like.

another instructor used speed brakes on a plane with limitations against it with flaps down.

so...it goes like this...ITs my plane if you let me leave the gate with it.

I'll bring it back in good condition...but don't ask me to cheat or cover for marginal instructor/check pilots. remember that jet blue nut case...he was a check pilot!