PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW BA PILOT SCALE
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2012, 17:43
BlackandBrown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can not possibly say that the same uncertainties and probabilities apply to both operations - within the industry they are dependent on completely different markets, scales and continents. If you think you can then you do not understand probabilities. EasyJets difficulties for the future lie with oil, remaining competitive and unpredictable events (e.g the A320 being grounded). BA has all those problems plus a worldwide network, a clumsy EU style alliance, a left wing, unmeritocratic vein running through its middle (it's like a privately owned state airline), expensive planes on order and a pilot come wishy washy MBA at the helm......oh and the worlds most expensive crews. Take your half (+/- half) a brain and join the dots. If you're 55+ I wouldn't worry. If you're 40 down you may not get what you signed up for.

As for saying pay to fly cadets are at easy, why don't you state facts? There are people who paid for a type rating ( of which I am fortunate to say I was not one that paid in the form of an upfront cash lump sum ) who then were paid an allowance followed by an hourly rate. So beyond the paying for a type rating how are they paying to fly? If they are then you too have pay to flyers in BA because I know (of) 30+ pilots at BA who within the last 2 years did the same. On the same basis I know many pilots ( ex raf, ex 74/5/67, ex TP etc) who did SSTR which is effectively the same I.e. pay for type rating, have a reduced salary. Unfortunately your precious BA didn't want to give people an opportunity then. They couldn't generate the growth and made the lifestyle they offered their pilots such a gift that the labour turnover was so low.

Last edited by BlackandBrown; 1st Jun 2012 at 17:45.