PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A new corporate flight op Europe - your wisdom appreciated
Old 1st Jun 2012, 15:54
ngittins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A new corporate flight op Europe - your wisdom appreciated

We are in the final stages of authorising the set up of a corporate flight department (UK Midlands based) for our organisation, but before we finalise the plans I thought it best to get the input of the wealth of experience of the people on this site (trolls excepted!!) especially the very important people in the sharp pointy bit at the front looking after the very important people doing nothing in the back.

I have looked at our flight profiles and requirements and have come up with a fleet profile as set out below - this is based on comfort, range and as it is a green field operation (not wanting to go the Management route) commonality of aircraft.

Expected route profile
LA,NY, Vegas, Houston, Hong Kong, Dubai, Malaga, Palma, Turkey, Greece (yes I know - we may drop this), Cyprus

Aircraft type
Falcon 2000LX or EX with winglets
Falcon 7x

Crewing would be Co-Captain

Your advice and comments would be appreciated on the following.
  • Is it possible/recommended to cross validate flight crews on 7X/2000 and in your opinion would you feel comfortable switching type on a regular orderly basis?
  • What do you feel would be the safest and most comfortable/workable rostering (trolls please do not comment 0 days on every day off)
  • Any recommendations on acquisition consultants (No brokers please as I can already access all on market and most off market aircraft) I am looking for someone with proven experience in the intricacies of this type of purchase ie legal, insurance contacts/advice as well as confirmed Falcon pre-purchase inspection and due diligence skills.
  • Best place to advertise for a Chief Pilot

Looking forward to your input and valued experience