PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DfT/CAA Jump Seat Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2002, 20:18
palmtree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny - so what now?

The poll is great but what are we all going to do about it?

Why are we all wimps (me included) - this whole thing is madness.

We live in a world of supposed accountability - who are the people who make these rules ? What are their names? Why dont they have a comitee of people including Flight Crew and ATCO's etc etc to decide the right thing to do?

Is the USA (who as a country I in the main I love) dictating everything? and as someone earlier said the USA has never allowed cockpit visits and it was they who (sadly) were Hi-jacked!!

All we have to do is say (like the French do on a regular basis)
NO NO NO NO - we wont fly if this rule is enforced. A 1 day no fly threat will clear all of the Wimps who made this rule out. How is a 12 year old with his/her grandfather a threat? Or an elderly lady who has the thrill of a 10 miniute vist to the flight deck on a flight to Orlando a threat. I would rarther take my chances with one of the above than a CAA inspector any day !!!!

Cant these people get a life - or is their life so dull that they have to put this stress onto others in order to have their moment of excitement and power?

Why dont we tell them to get lost - flight safty issues yes but mentally sub-normal people who have no idea of what they are talking about in making these rules - NO.?

So thats me finished then - but it was worth the post !!!!!!!!!