PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings - ''Flybe Wings'' pilot course
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2012, 00:03
Heres Johnny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best advice I can give you is to have real life examples which you can change to suit the question. The interview goes really quickly and when you are out you won't remember most of the questions as it's intense to try not to blabber..
For example they may say "give me an example of when you had to lead a team of people and what was the result..
A good example could be anything you have done such as captain of a football team when you won or when you organised your best mates wedding day and the outcome.
It's important to have several life experiances to draw from as if you draw from one experiance the interview becomes repetative. (all this info is available on any interview techniques website) You will need a good example of why you want to be a pilot and I suggest you have an example to expand on the answer. Because you don't actually need experiance in flying the subject of the interview is more on you as a person than on the industry but it's a good idea to know the general layout of an aircraft etc etc.
I seem to remember being more nervous about the team exercise than the interview because everyone is fighting to suggest/say something.
Remember the people who actually assess you are employed to get the best applicants and are personel recruiters rather than actual flyers (this was my impression with my intervew and indeed the whole day)
Bottom line .... Be yourself, give good non repetative answers and expand on questions as much as possible but without blabbering.
Hope this helps good luck.