PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2012, 22:18
Danny42C

Nervous SLF,

I'm a bit puzzled - what constitutes a "good" SLF? and is "SLF" an abbreviation of something I should know, but don't? (and that covers quite a lot!)
Certainly your Dad should have counted all his service till they invalided him out. They were still paying him, and that's all that mattered!

"everyone who posts WW2 experiences - let's have some more" (your words). How true. That's the trouble. Where are they? I know there must be an end soon, but am I really to be "the last of the Mohicans" ? I hope not.
Union Jack

When I started, Cliff (bless him) cautioned me against pushing out too much at a time, so as not to bore people and put them off. I still think it was good advice, but some of the stories to come can't easily be broken up without upsetting the flow. We'll see.
Dan Gerous

Yes, I well recall: "I learned about flying from That", which was about the best thing in "Air Clues", and the never to be forgotten P/O Prune from "Tee Emm" with its monthly award of The Highly Derogatory Order of the Irremovable Digit. Your're quite right, there were just as many Bloggs in the post-war generation as ever there were Prunes in the earlier - and just as stupid, no matter how many wings they sprouted

Once again, thank you all three for the interest shown and the encouragement. Much appreciated!
Danny.

Last edited by Danny42C; 31st May 2012 at 22:53.