PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shell drops Bond
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2012, 22:13
Camper Van Basten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they hired this 'pilot', then what engineers, techies,Ops personnel etc etc did they take on?
Absolutely ridiculous accusation.

The thought had occurred to me - do the individual engineering departments diagnose/forecast/guestimate HUMS data differently? It would appear that 2 of the MGB failures had 'signs' apparent on the HUMS data? This is just my recollection of events and nothing more but what is the frigging point of all these sensors if they cannot forecast/or trend such a dogostrophic situation?
This is a more interesting question. The Hums monitoring can be a real headache for the guys on the shop floor as the systems frequently throw up multiple spurious warnings, and often the monitoring is done late at night when the hums support team are tucked up in bed, with the aircraft due to depart again at 0645. Meanwhile the operators are busy pinning charts on the crew room walls about unsatisfactory 'on-time departure' percentages. I'm sure the events of the past 3 years have put more emphasis on the hums systems, but the reality is it's just something else for the certifying engineer to get strung up for when the **** hits the fan.