PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shell drops Bond
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2012, 21:35
Bravo73

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by chopabeefer
I know nothing about Bonds engineering dept - want to make that clear. I do know that there are other indicators that show a companies standards, direction, and intent.

I knew, and flew, with a SAR pilot/Captain/QHI in the RAF for quite a few years. To say the man was hated was an understatement - he was a moron, arrogant beyond belief, and generally despised by all he worked with. Fortunately, reputations spread, and when he left the RAf at his 38 point, 4 or 5 yrs ago, the service rejoiced- he was truly a c*ck. He wanted to go 'up north' and work the rigs. Every operator had 'heard' of him, and he was given the cold shoulder and told to 'get lost' by every company he applied to...except Bond, where he is a senior Captain and Instructor. His instructional techniques are bullying, belittling, and sarcasm.

The company like him, apparantly. Says it all to be honest - Bond love him - EVERYBODY else ran a mile. Bond appear to have VERY low standards. This is now starting to manifest in light of recent events. If they hired this 'pilot', then what engineers, techies,Ops personnel etc etc did they take on?

If I was a rig worker, I too would refuse to fly with them. Good decision chaps - stick with it.
There you have an example of PPRuNe at it's best/worst.

What a crock of sh1te.