PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DfT/CAA Jump Seat Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2002, 17:30
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Before I go any further, I would like to make it plain that I agree entirely with Danny's proposition. I feel that things have gone too far and for no recognisable purpose.

I am however quite fascinated by the brave souls on this thread who intend to invite legitimate members of the the CAA and the DETR to indulge in sex and travel when next they attempt to occupy "their" jumpseats.

I suspect that this is just a load of old bluster given out on an anonymous website by some promising hysterics who really don't think they are ever likely to have to stick their heads above the parapet. If I am wrong then I will happily apologise when they regale us with the tale of how brave they were and when and in what circumstances they actually put the "enemy" to flight.

Now don't get me wrong for I am no great lover of the "Feds" but they also have a job to do and have probably got more "law" on their side than we do and they know it better!

Just be careful out there; if you get too carried away with your own self-importance just consider how much support you are likely to get from your employer. Once you start screwing around with regulatory agencies you could very quickly find yourself on a rather good "infrequent flyer programme"!