PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 NG Payload questions
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2012, 16:38
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks all for the education - I am glad I never had to use an EFB! It sounds as if the programmes were not written with any pilot input (what does that remind me of............?) since one of the first questions you normally need an answer to on arrival is what is your RTOW! Denti's system seems to have sorted that by assigning TOM above structural. How tfs would cope with a tanking calculation when you might not know TOM until you know RTOW ............................

I am unclear about the landing weight 'tool' you mention, since RTOW calculations need to include planned fuel burn and to have to run another prog to get that seems arse about face! It is no good waiting for CLC to compute your tanking uplift. The bowser man wants to know now. Actually it may well be OK in a calm scheduled world, but in the flak and action...............................

I thought these things were supposed to represent progress! Considering it takes about 1 minute to ball park a useable RTOW from paper..................